1/4 Photos of Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Bread
Riverside Len's Note:
This is a great bread lightly toasted and spread with honey or cream cheese. I got this recipe from my old West Bend BM. I no longer have the BM but I make this using the KA mixer. Use Old Fashion or Quick Oats, not instant. If you use dry active yeast, increase it to 2 1/4 teaspoons. Also, if desired, you can use AP flour or substitute one cup of whole wheat for one cup of the bread flour. Recipe makes a pound and a half loaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using a BM, add warm milk to pan, then add flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon to pan. Place butter in corners of pan, make a well in center of dry ingredients and add yeast. Program for Specialty and desired Bread Color. When the signal alerts sound durring kneading cycle add the raisins (if your machine does not have an alert for add ins near the end of the kneading cycle, you will need to set your own timer, you want to add the raisins near the end of the kneading cycle).
- 3If using a stand mixer, add dry ingredients to pan, add milk and butter, mix with paddle until a ball forms.
- 4Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 5Change to the kneading hook and knead for 4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Knead 4 minutes more, then add raisins and knead until raisins are incorporated.
- 6Form into a ball and place in a bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.
- 7Form into loaf and put into greased pan (non-stick spray works well). Cover and let rise until doubled.
- 8Bake in pre heated 350 f oven for about 40 minutes. Internal temp should register at least 190 f on an instant read thermometer.
- 9Although the original recipe calls for only 1/2 cup raisins, I use a full cup.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 322.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g