Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
a healthy version of tasty oatmeal pancakes.. easy to modify into something different as well! goes great with peanut butter, jelly spread and banana slices. great for the morning or for an on-the-go snack!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (can use all purpose flour)
- 2 cups oatmeal (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (standard whey protein) or 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (standard whey protein)
- 2 cups nonfat milk (can use regular milk)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 1 cup oats and pulse a few times to coarsely grind oats. Add protein to the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and oil. Add dry ingredients and 1 cup oats and whisk just until moistened.
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Lightly oil skillet. Using 2 to 3 tablespoons for each pancake, drop batter in skillet and cook until a few bubbles have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until browned on undersides, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with more oil and batter.