Recipe by Micki Lea
This is an easy mix to make & keep on hand for a quick & tasty addition to your breakfast. My children love these so much that I end up making the whole mix into pancakes and freezing extras for a quick breakfast before school.
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water (you may need a bit more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients to create about 8 cups of mix.
- Store in an air tight container until you are ready to use.
- To prepare for pancakes:.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Beat in the vegetable oil.
- Mix in 2 cups of mix alternately with the water.
- Scoop in heaping Tablespoon amounts per pancake onto a lightly greased skillet set at medium-high heat.
- Cook until the tops show broken bubbles (2 to 3 minutes). Turn and cook about 2 to 3 minutes more, until golden brown.