Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe in an old copy of Fitness magazine. I have not tried it yet, but it looks pretty good. Hopefully, I will make it soon...until then, it should be safe here.
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, blend butter, apple butter and sugars until smooth. Add oat mixture; blend. Drop batter, about 2 tablespoons at a time, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven; let cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.