Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This chewy cookie recipe comes from Fitness Magazine, October 2006. I reduced the sugar a bit, and I ended up with a dozen cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend butter, apple butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla; blend.
- Add dry ingredient mixture; blend.
- Drop batter in 2 Tablespoon amounts onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5 stars for dough, 3 stars for baked product! The dough is awesome, but since it is lower in fat, the cookies do have a rubbery texture and slightly bland flavor.