Recipe by Momma Zakaria
A delightful dessert found in a periodical.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
I made this today for my daughter who was home feeling under the weather with a cold. She loved it. I did use an extra apple or two to fill up the pan, but otherwise made the recipe as written. I did notice that it was not as sweet cold as it was when it was hot. Actually it was perfect when it was at room temperature. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups golden delicious apples, peeled and diced
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter. Mix well until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture onto the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, and sugar. Spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.