Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick homemade scones with just 4 ingredients. From Betty Crocker.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 egg white
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) box Betty Crocker cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats, plus
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir milk and egg white until blended; stir in muffin mix and 1/2 cup oats (dough will be sticky).
- On cookie sheet, shape dough into 8-inch round, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix streusel (from muffin mix) with 2 tablespoons oats; sprinkle over dough.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.
Great taste and couldn't be easier to prepare. Next time I may add a tablespoon of water to the topping, and I will be making them again. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2008.