Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I make this out-of-this-world tasting homemade nut mixture every Christmas season... no matter how much I make, they never last long, I'll be lucky if they even make it to the table.... so my advice to you, is make lots and lots, then hide some for your guests.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups walnuts or 3 cups almonds or 3 cups pecans (mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a skillet, toast nuts slightly, tossing then so they won't burn.
- Remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in the same skillet.
- Stir in the nuts and the 1/2 cup sugar, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts (about 5-10 mins).
- In a large bowl, mix the spices and remaining 3 Tbsp sugar.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread on waxed paper; cool about 20 mins.
- Break them apart.
- Store in covered containers.
Tagged Feb 2008- These are super duper! If you want a quick and easy treat fr yourself or company these are great. I have been making chex mix copy but had been requesed sweet stuff at home and for my students. This its the bill exactly! Kitten as usual another great recipe!
Nice cinnamon taste, and easy to make, to boot! Wonderful to have on hand for the holidays.
These were easy to make and soooo tasty. A great gift idea. Included these tasty morsels in my food swap package to Chef sqrl. (Where would a sqrl be w/o nuts??) I also made some hot pepper mixed nuts. (A handful of sweet cinnamon then a handful of hot/spicey. The two complimented each other nicely.) Thanks for posting. A holiday keeper for sure! =)