Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make this out-of-this-world tasting homemade nut mixture every Christmas season... no matter how much I make, they never last long, I'll be lucky if they even make it to the table.... so my advice to you, is make lots and lots, then hide some for your guests.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Tagged Feb 2008- These are super duper! If you want a quick and easy treat fr yourself or company these are great. I have been making chex mix copy but had been requesed sweet stuff at home and for my students. This its the bill exactly! Kitten as usual another great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups walnuts or 3 cups almonds or 3 cups pecans (mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, toast nuts slightly, tossing then so they won't burn.
- Remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in the same skillet.
- Stir in the nuts and the 1/2 cup sugar, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts (about 5-10 mins).
- In a large bowl, mix the spices and remaining 3 Tbsp sugar.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread on waxed paper; cool about 20 mins.
- Break them apart.
- Store in covered containers.