Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Absolutely delicious homemade whipped cream. The perfect topping for pumpkin or apple pie. I serve this with dessert every Christmas. This is my own creation.
- Add heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl and whip high speed till fluffy.
- If it's too runny, keep whipping.
- When done, fold in cinnamon and nutmeg Store in refrigerator Nutmeg can be ommited Also, instead of cinnamon and nutmeg, you can add 1/4 teaspoon Allspice.
- Serve well chilled on pumpkin or apple pie.
- This can be refrigerated overnight.
This was the perfect compliment to our Thanksgiving deserts this year. I made a pumpkin cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory copycat, found here on Zaar: http://www.recipezaar.com/The-Cheesecake-Factory-Pumpkin-Cheesecake-46780). Went perfect with that and with the apple pie my sister-in-law made. I did add some allspice to the whipped cream and a bit more cinnamon & nutmeg - to taste. This is the first time I added a dry spice to a whipped cream, just never dawned on me before. I had used extracts like almond, vanilla, orange, etc. But I absolutely LOVE allspice, cinnamon & nutmeg so I was really excited to try this. Very glad I did. This will be a new staple at Thanksgiving.
This is fabulous. I made Dancer^'s Apple Bread Pudding and served it with your whipped cream. I used confectioners' sugar instead of granulated sugar. I cut the recipe down as I didnt need a big bowl of cream. This went very well with the bread pudding; The two together would make a perfect dessert to serve guests. Thanks!
I had this the other day at a friend's party on apple pizza pie. Really yum!