Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I use Duncan Hines Bakery Style Cinnamon Swirl muffin mix for this bread..
- 19 1⁄4 ounces Duncan Hines cinnamon swirl muffin mix
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup water
CRANBERRY-ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces cranberry-orange sauce
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 12 pecan halves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" loaf pan.
- combine muffin mix, contents of topping packet from Mix, chopped pecans, flour and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Stir until blended.
- Knead swirl packet from Mix for 10 seconds.
- Squeeze contents onto dry ingredients. Add egg and water. Stir until thoroughly blended, about 50 strokes.
- Pour into pan. Bake at 350* for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert onto cooling rack. Turn right side up. Cool completely.
- To serve, cut bread into thin slices. Cut each slice in half or cut into fancy shapes, if desired.
- Spread with cranberry-orange cream cheese or honey butter.
- to prepare CRANBERRY-ORANGE CREAM CHEESE:.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup cranberry-orange sauce in small bowl, Stir with wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in red food coloring.
- Spread on bread slices. Garnish with remaining cranberry sauce.
- HONEY BUTTER:.
- Combine butter and honey in small bowl, stir with wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
- Spread on bread slices.garnish with pecan halves.
- TIP*** to toast pecans, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Toast in 350*. for 5-7 minutes or until fragrant. Cool completely.