Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Received this recipe from my high school home economics teacher (just a few a few years back)...it has become a requested item in my family ever since.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture blending well.
- Stir 2 tsp baking soda into sour cream.
- Add to mixture and blend well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour approx.
- 1/3 of batter into greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
- Mix cinnamon& 3 Tbsp sugar.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon and sugar mixture over batter.
- Swirl with a knife.
- Repeat with remaining batter and sugar mixture, ending with batter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
Yummy. I used this as a base for a birthday cake and frosted it with cream cheese frosting instead of dusting with powdered sugar. I also made one and did not frost it. Both were delicious. Thanks for posting.