Cinnamon–spiced French Toast With Maple Apples
- Core and cut apples into wedges. Place in medium saucepan with lemon juice and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water. Cover and gently simmer to soften (2–3 minutes). Drain.
- Toss with maple syrup and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, Almond Fresh, sugar, salt and spices in a bowl.
- Soak each slice of bread, turning to soak both sides.
- Melt butter in non–stick fry pan. When bubbling, add soaked bread in batches. Turn part way through until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm.
- Divide among 4 plates, drizzle with apple–syrup mixture, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.