Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this muffin recipe from a muffin cookbook this morning and I made it this morning. There is no cinnamon in the actual batter only in the topping - thought it might be good to add some cinnamon to batter which you could do if you want.
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream (I used plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't have enough and used sliced almonds)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a mixer; blend in vanilla extract and eggs.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture and the sour cream into the butter mixture.
- Stir the batter by hand until the ingredients are blended. If batter is too dry, add a splash of milk.
- Do NOT over-mix! Over-mixing makes muffins and things like that tough.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together the walnuts, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Drop 1 tablespoons of batter into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoons of topping.
- Top with 1 more tablespoons of batter.
- Sprinkle the tops with another teaspoon of topping.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
There were very good! I added a bit of milk, for the batter seemed very thick. Instead of the cinnamon sugar and nut mixture, I made a struesel of cookie crumbs, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Used a small cookie scoop to fill the muffin papers; one scoop of batter, then a tsp. of struesel, a second scoop of batter on top of that, then a final sprinkle of the struesel. The recipe made nearly 24 muffins for me - and the muffin cups were full when they went into the oven. A nice moist and well-flavored muffin - hubby LOVED them! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I hate baking with a passion. This recipe was very easy to make and it came out so fluffy. The kids couldn't even wait for it to cool down they ate it straight out of the oven. While preparing it I omitted the walnuts as they all my kids hate nuts and I added about 1/3 a cup of milk.
My house smells AMAZING right now! I made these as directed. Nice and moist and just the right amount of cinnamon. Thanks for the recipe Tink, will definitely add to the recipe rotation. :)