Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this muffin recipe from a muffin cookbook this morning and I made it this morning. There is no cinnamon in the actual batter only in the topping - thought it might be good to add some cinnamon to batter which you could do if you want.
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream (I used plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't have enough and used sliced almonds)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a mixer; blend in vanilla extract and eggs.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture and the sour cream into the butter mixture.
- Stir the batter by hand until the ingredients are blended. If batter is too dry, add a splash of milk.
- Do NOT over-mix! Over-mixing makes muffins and things like that tough.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together the walnuts, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Drop 1 tablespoons of batter into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoons of topping.
- Top with 1 more tablespoons of batter.
- Sprinkle the tops with another teaspoon of topping.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
There were very good! I added a bit of milk, for the batter seemed very thick. Instead of the cinnamon sugar and nut mixture, I made a struesel of cookie crumbs, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Used a small cookie scoop to fill the muffin papers; one scoop of batter, then a tsp. of struesel, a second scoop of batter on top of that, then a final sprinkle of the struesel. The recipe made nearly 24 muffins for me - and the muffin cups were full when they went into the oven. A nice moist and well-flavored muffin - hubby LOVED them! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
My house smells AMAZING right now! I made these as directed. Nice and moist and just the right amount of cinnamon. Thanks for the recipe Tink, will definitely add to the recipe rotation. :)
Oh my yumminess! So good! I had to add a little milk to thin out the batter just a bit, but otherwise absolutely delicious! I won't buy a store mix again!