Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love cinnamon!
Make and share this Cinnamon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F; line 11 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars and the egg until smooth. Beat in vegetable oil and vanilla. Working in 2 or 3 additions, alternate adding the flour and the buttermilk to the sugar mixture, stirring until just combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full. Sprinkle with a scant 1/2 tsp of the brown sugar mixture into each cup. Evenly divide remaining batter on top and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before eating.
These are really, really good! I used half whole wheat pastry flour and half all-purpose, and added 1/4 cup golden raisins to the batter. It resulted in lovely cinnamon-raisin muffins that were scarfed down by my hubby and two sons very enthusiastically for breakfast! Thanks for the recipe!
Yummy, yummy! Perfect for the cinnamon lover! I added dark chocolate chips, my husband said it made it way to rich, but I said, "Isn't that the point?" :)
OMG these are insane!! I added dried cherries, and substituted Splenda for half of the white sugar. They taste like snickerdoodles, so I think they would be awesome for Christmas breakfast!! I will definitely make these again.