Recipe by Charlotte J
Muffins are good anytime of the day.
Top Review by ciao
These were so good! My husband doesn't care for muffins, and he said they were delicious! I only got 10 small muffins, so maybe next time I would update the recipe to make 16, and probably end up with 12 good size ones. They were light, and not too sweet. Very good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
- Add egg, milk and butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
- For topping combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush top of warm muffin in butter and dip top of muffin into sugar/cinnamon mixture.