Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran or 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins (I like to soften the raisins in hot water for a few minutes before adding them, they're plumper and)
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup carob chips
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix bran, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger; set aside.
- Mix together nuts, seeds, raisins, and chocolate chips; add mixture to flour mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add oil, honey, yogurt, and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto 2 cookie sheets (can be placed close together as the batter doesn't spread).
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F before putting cookies inches.
- Bake until golden brown (15-20 minutes).