Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups hot strong coffee
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350F; have ready an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, place white sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil; with an electric mixer on high speed, beat ingredients together for four minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon (if you sift this through a sieve, it will eliminate any lumps in the cocoa).
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, alternating with coffee (start and finish with dry ingredients).
- When the wet ingredients, dry ingredients and coffee have been mixed together, pour batter into pan and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool, in pan, on a rack.
- When top of cake is cool, sift icing sugar over top.
This is a lovely, if slightly predictable, chocolate cake. It was very moist and fluffy and I liked the hint of cinnamon and coffee flavours. A good, basic, chocolate cake recipe.
Friedel has said it all. I think this was a great cake, perfectly titled, and I have to tell the person who has created it - You are great! I wish you luck in the contest and I hope you win! This cake was baked at around 6:15pm y'day at my place by me, and was over by around 10pm. Those who had it made me pack some for their families too :) I had to "hide" a piece for today for myself! Goodluck again!
Quick & easy and very very tasty! Thanks!!