Recipe by byZula
Moist, rich and chocolatey; flavored with cinnamon and espresso coffee. I first made this when I was 14 and it was gone in no time! It's still a family favorite!
Top Review by kluann3
Yay! This is an awesome cake! One of my favorite cakes. The perfect blend of coffee, chocolate, and cinnamon. I had lost this recipe and thought I would try finding it online. So glad I found it. Can't wait to make it for the family for Christmas! One note, if the frosting seems too runny, don't worry, it's not-just pour it on, it will turn out right when it cools.
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml cocoa
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml instant espresso powder (or granules) or 29.58 ml regular instant coffee powder (or granules)
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 44.37 ml cocoa
- 44.37 ml strong brewed coffee
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in saucepan.
- Stir in cocoa, water and coffee. Beat until smooth.
- Combine granulated and brown sugars, flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add the cocoa mixture, vanilla, milk, and eggs. Mix until well blended.
- Pout into a greased 10 by 15-inch jelly roll pan (a cookie sheet with sides).
- Bake at 350 F for 18 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan.
- Make the icing by melting butter in saucepan. Stir in the cocoa, coffee and cinnamon with the milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.Ice the cake.
- Cut into 32 pieces.