Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spiced coffee is a lovely treat any time of year.
- 1⁄2 cup ground dark roast ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine coffee grounds, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into a coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add the water; brew according to the manufacturer's directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in the vanilla and brewed coffee. Ladle into mugs; garnish with whipped cream if desired.
I wish I had used cream or half and half but that is just a personal preference. A very yummy recipe.
I scaled this recipe down and enjoyed it this morning. Thanks!