Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious, modified from a chocolate cookbook recipe given to me by a gal pal. Called a chipper because that is how you will feel after eating them! These do not really spread, so if you skip the patting down step, they will stay balls.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in orange zest and vanilla.
- add coffee granules and eggs.
- Sift in dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- add chocolate chips.
- using a two tablespoon scoop, scoop dough and roll into a ball and place on prepared cookie sheets, place a few inches apart. Gently flatten balls with palms. Bake for 12 minutes or until set but still gently soft to the touch.