Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on the Atkin's Diet website. This dessert recipe is also South Beach friendly!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium bowl, combine egg whites with cream of tartar, splenda and salt.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold in ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300°F for 30 minutes.
Mmmm.... I used unsweetened cocoa instead of cinnamon and didn't have any Almond Extract, but made it anyway, and DELISH!!!! =). Gets sweeter in your mouth as you chew. And I only cooked mine for about 15 minutes and only had about 1/4 cup of Truvia to use. Was still wonderful though!
Yum Yum Yum... this were pretty darn good! Will make again very soon. Thanks for posting!!