Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Scones that will beat Starbucks' scones any day.
Make and share this Cinnamon Maple Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (i used smart balance)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl and blend with a whisk.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs; Mix in milk and maple syrup.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients all at once. Stir in nuts.
- Gather the dough into a ball and roll out between two pieces of waxed paper forming a circle 1/2 to 1-inches thick.
- Cut into 8 pie shaped pieces and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon onto the 8 scones.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
These are delicious scones-not overly sweet, tender inside with a nice cinnamony,maple flavor. I made for Spring PAC 2010, thanks!
Very tasty indeed! I don't use soy milk so I subbed whole milk. These were easy to make and we enjoyed them with our morning coffee. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Soooooo good!!!! We couldn't keep our hands off'em! Quick too! Will make these lotz & lotz!