Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
i haven't tried them out yet. YET.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon flavoring
- 2 -5 drops red food coloring
- 50 lollipop sticks
- Place a baking sheet upside down on a flat surface and spray the pan with (A lot of) cooking spray. Spray a 2 cup heat proof measuring cup as well. Place everything except cinnamon flavoring, food coloring and lollipop sticks in a large saucepan on medium high heat stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Continue until the mixture begins to boil, occasionally brushing the sides of the pan with a pastry brush dipped in warm water. (That dissolves any sugar on sides of pan.) Stop stirring when it begins to boil.
- Place a candy thermometer onto the pan and do not let it touch the bottom of pan, that will give it a different temperature. Allow syrup to boil for 10 minutes, or until it reaches 300 degrees F. To test hard crack stage, drop a little of it into ice water. It should separate into threads that are brittle and hard. Immediately remove pan from heat and let syrup cool to 275 degrees F. or until it stops bubbling completely. Add cinnamon flavor and color quickly. Pour the syrup into prepared measuring cup and quickly pour into 2 inch rounds on parchment paper. Place a lollipop stick 1/2 of the way into each lollipop and twist until stick sticks. Skewers cute in half also work as lollipop sticks.
- Let each lollipop cool for 15 minutes, or until they are hard. Wrap each one in plastic wrap and seal with tape or a ribbon.