Recipe by akcooker
Very moist quick bread recipe; great for breakfast! This keeps well, but we rarely have any left over for the second day. Can be made with yogurt instead of sour cream and still tastes yummy!
Top Review by Kellymike
Yummy cinnamon bread! Very moist, almost like a coffee cake. I made slight alterations: a handful of raisins, and 2 tsp of cinnamon added to the batter in addition to that in the topping. I baked one large loaf since I didn't have the little ones. It baked for 50 minutes. Thanks for a great recipe! We will make this one again.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the 1 cup sugar and the shortening until thoroughly combined and lightened.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Blend in sour cream and milk.
- Stir together flour, salt, powder and soda; add to creamed mixture.
- Mix just until thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1/4 of the batter into each of two well-greased loaf pans.
- (I use 7"x3" pans, but you can also use the more common 8"x3" pans.) Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle all but 1 tablespoon over the batter in pans.
- Top each with remaining batter.
- Cut through the batter gently with knife to make the cinnamon swirl throughout.
- Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Try to let them cool before cutting.
- (My family always has a hard time waiting--).