- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (mix with milk)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- raisins (to your taste)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add eggs and rest of ingredients except topping mixture grease and flour 1-LOAF pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together.
- Pour half the batter mixture an the pan.
- Sprinkle half the sugar mixture and raisins over batter.
- Pour rest of mixture and then sprinkle rest off topping and raisins.
- Bake at 350° till golden and serve warm with butter if you like.