Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by a friend. Is quite yummy especially when it is still slightly warm!
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in the sour milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix together in the following order: butter, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and soda dissolved in sour milk.
- Spread half of batter in loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with half of cinnamon/brown sugar mixture.
- Add remaining batter.
- Sprinlke remainder of cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 1 hour.
I did enjoy this and I added a few walnuts to the batter. Very tasty and a keeper