1 hr 30 mins
A coffee cake with the haunting flavor of lime. This is a nice change from all the lemon and orange based coffee cakes out there. Pecans or macadamias work just as well as the walnuts in the cinnamon layers. Note that the recipe calls for 3/8 cup finely chopped nuts, NOT 3/8 cup nuts finely chopped. Big difference. And yes the bake time for loaf tins is the same a Bunt pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops lime oil
- 1Place rack in the center position in the oven and preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Lightly mist a 12 cup Bundt pan or 2 loaf tins with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour.
- 3Shake out the excess flour.
- 4For the filling, combine the brownsugar, cinnamon, and chopped nuts.
- 5Stir until well mixed.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Place the cake ingredients in a large bowl.
- 8Blend, with an electric mixer on low speed, for 1 minute.
- 9Stop mixer and scrape down sides of bowl.
- 10Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- 11Pour 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan (s).
- 12Scatter 1/2 of the filling over the batter.
- 13Pour another 1/3 batter over the filling.
- 14Scatter the remaining filling over the batter.
- 15Pour last 1/3 of batter over filling and smooth out surface.
- 16Place pan in the oven.
- 17Bake the cake (s) until golden brown and cake (s) spring back when lightly pressed with a finger, 55 to 60 minutes.
- 18Remove the pan (s) from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 20 minutes.
- 19Run a long sharp knife around the edge of the cake (s) and invert onto a rack.
- 20Allow to cool completely.
- 2130 minutes more.
- 22Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- 23Place the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- 24Spoon glaze over the top of cooled cake so that it drizzles down the sides.
- 25Slice and serve.
- 26Store covered.
- 27Will keep up to a week at room temperature.
- 28Will heep frozen for 6 months.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Lime Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 326.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: