Recipe by littlethibault
You won't believe how addicting these cookies are! I make these every year to go on the Christmas cookie trays, and they are always the first to dissappear. I got this recipe from a Great American Recipes card. Please note this recipe needs to chill at least 2 hours before baking.
Top Review by Lighthouse Rita
Great cookie! I refrigerated the dough for one hour and that seemed to be enough. I followed the recipe as written. I had to cook the cookies an extra couple of minutes. At 10 minutes the cookie was a little too doughy inside. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon sugar (to roll cookies in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Mix into the butter/sugar mixture. Blend well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Shape dough into small balls, about 3/4 inch diameter. Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Set cookies about 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly on pans, then transfer to rack to cool completely.