This is a delicious, moist coffee cake. My mom always served it fresh out of the oven on Christmas morning, but it is good any time of the year!
- Cool milk to warm (110 degrees).
- Sprinkle yeast on top of milk and let stand to soften.
- Cream shortening and margarine.
- Add sugar and salt and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, yeast milk and enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic on lightly floured board.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Roll dough thin (1/4 inch) and cut into rounds with a 2 inch round cutter Dip each round into melted margarine, then into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Stand rounds up in 2 well buttered ring molds 8 1/2"X 2 1/4".
- Let rise until light (about 1/2 hour).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before turning out.