1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Leaf Ring Coffee Cake
2 hrs 25 mins
Amanda G.'s Note:
This is a delicious, moist coffee cake. My mom always served it fresh out of the oven on Christmas morning, but it is good any time of the year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cool milk to warm (110 degrees).
- 2Sprinkle yeast on top of milk and let stand to soften.
- 3Cream shortening and margarine.
- 4Add sugar and salt and cream until light and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs, yeast milk and enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 6Knead until smooth and elastic on lightly floured board.
- 7Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- 8Roll dough thin (1/4 inch) and cut into rounds with a 2 inch round cutter Dip each round into melted margarine, then into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 9Stand rounds up in 2 well buttered ring molds 8 1/2"X 2 1/4".
- 10Let rise until light (about 1/2 hour).
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 12Cool slightly before turning out.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Leaf Ring Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4389.9
- Calories from Fat 1570
- Total Fat 174.5 g
- Saturated Fat 43.5 g
- Cholesterol 220.1 mg
- Sodium 3464.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 661.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 350.7 g
- Protein 57.2 g