Recipe by Amanda G.
This is a delicious, moist coffee cake. My mom always served it fresh out of the oven on Christmas morning, but it is good any time of the year!
Top Review by MISSIB
Again a PAC selection 1. a few steps to take and had to have hubby take over, hard to do one hand 2. Very good 3. Will do it again on holidays thank you for sharing this is a keeper as well.
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups flour (more or less)
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cool milk to warm (110 degrees).
- Sprinkle yeast on top of milk and let stand to soften.
- Cream shortening and margarine.
- Add sugar and salt and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, yeast milk and enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic on lightly floured board.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Roll dough thin (1/4 inch) and cut into rounds with a 2 inch round cutter Dip each round into melted margarine, then into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Stand rounds up in 2 well buttered ring molds 8 1/2"X 2 1/4".
- Let rise until light (about 1/2 hour).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before turning out.