Recipe by Sackville
These have become a Sunday morning favourite for us. Heavenly coffee to warm your tummy! The original recipe calls for ground cinnamon, but it also works very well if you put a couple whole cinnamon sticks or pieces of cinnamon bark in the cold milk. It will infuse the milk as it comes to a boil.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Perfect with the sweet date squares I made because it is not too sweet. I loved the cinnamon flavour. I made it double the amount of fresh ground cinnamon and would like to try the other variation next time. I used instant coffee and rice milk but did not boil the milk because separation seems to occur from previous experience. I will definitely make this and the other variation again.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, mix the cinnamon and sugar with a bit of milk.
- Add the rest of the milk and bring to a boil.
- Just as the mixture comes to a boil, take it off the heat.
- Split your hot coffee between 4 mugs.
- Pour in the milk and serve immediately.
- Another variation is to leave out the ground cinnamon, but instead put a large cinnamon stick, some cloves and green cardamom pods in the milk. Leave as it comes to a boil, set aside and let it infuse for a couple minutes. Then strain out the seasonings and pour into the coffee.