These have become a Sunday morning favourite for us. Heavenly coffee to warm your tummy! The original recipe calls for ground cinnamon, but it also works very well if you put a couple whole cinnamon sticks or pieces of cinnamon bark in the cold milk. It will infuse the milk as it comes to a boil.
- In a large pan, mix the cinnamon and sugar with a bit of milk.
- Add the rest of the milk and bring to a boil.
- Just as the mixture comes to a boil, take it off the heat.
- Split your hot coffee between 4 mugs.
- Pour in the milk and serve immediately.
- Another variation is to leave out the ground cinnamon, but instead put a large cinnamon stick, some cloves and green cardamom pods in the milk. Leave as it comes to a boil, set aside and let it infuse for a couple minutes. Then strain out the seasonings and pour into the coffee.
Perfect with the sweet date squares I made because it is not too sweet. I loved the cinnamon flavour. I made it double the amount of fresh ground cinnamon and would like to try the other variation next time. I used instant coffee and rice milk but did not boil the milk because separation seems to occur from previous experience. I will definitely make this and the other variation again.
MMMM. I've been adding cinnamon to my coffee nearly every time drink it, ever since i made this for the first time last week. Your recipe is great as is but i've played with it a bit because i normally don't take much milk. In the micro I heat about 1/4 cup of milk with 1/2 tsp cinnamon for about 20 seconds, stir, add no cal sweetner and mix with a large cup of already brewed coffee.
very good. I like my coffee sweet so added a bith more sugar and cinnamon for intensity.