susie cooks's Note:
I got this recipe from a cooking class about gourmet gifts from the kitchen at Sur la Table. It really is very nice. I have put these in baskets filled with other "gifts from the kitchen" for my neighbors at holiday time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, heat the oil and saute the onions over medium heat until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves, and stir together.
- 2Deglaze the pan with the vinegar, bringing it almost to a boil.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes, cider, and salt. reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 4Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and puree.
- 5Stir in the orange juice, and add a little water if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- 6This will keep for 3-4 months in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Ketchup
Serving Size: 1 (1528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1756.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: