Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This baked rice pudding is just a little different from other rice puddings..been in the family for years..you'll love it !
- 2 cups cooked rice (use short grain Jasmine rice)
Place in bowl
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisins or 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1/2 pint) containerwhole cream
- PREHEAT OVEN: 350F Degrees.
- Place in saucepan 2 1/2 cups water.
- Bring water to a boil and add 1 cup of the Jasmine Rice.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Rice should be almost dry.
- Combine cooked rice with rest of the ingredients except for the cinnamon and whole cream.
- Pour into a greased 1 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over top of rice.
- Bake in oven for about 40 minutes.
- (Check pudding in 35 minutes).
- Pudding should not be dry (moisture should show in the middle of pudding).
- Take out of oven and allow to sit about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a little of the whole cream.
I had some leftover Jasmine rice and decided to make this. The whole clan loved it! You can double this recipe easily for more servings!
We adored this! I used cardamom in place of the cinnamon, as we love the flavor of it. What amazing flavor! We used chopped dates for a change of pace too, and it was very very nice! We look forward to another dish of this!