Recipe by mj Sergent
Great cake icing!!
Top Review by Ontario Wine Guy
Was looking for a Cinnamon Icing for a Spice Cake. Gave this a try and it worked well. Notes in my deviation, as I used Almond Milk, (great for lactose intolerant folks, and I used 2 full Tsps of Cinnamon as I wanted a stronger flavour.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine and add the confectioner's sugar, 3 tbsp of milk, and vanilla.
- Add cinnamon; blend with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is incorporated (approximately 1 minute).
- Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy (at least 1 minute).
- Blend in up to 1 tbsp of milk if the frosting seems too stiff.