Recipe by Dee514
This recipe was posted in answer to a message board request. It was one of many recipes that came with my ice cream machine. Cinnamon ice cream is yummy on warm apple pie, baked apples, bread pudding or just in a bowl by itself, on a hot night. Freezing time for this recipe is 30 minutes in my electric ice cream machine. Time may vary according to the manufactures directions for your ice cream maker. Cook/Prep times do not include the 1 to 2 hour chilling time needed before processing/freezing the cooked mixture. Note: The egg yolk gives the finished product a better texture.
Top Review by Hey Jude
Wonderful ice cream, my family loved it. I served this over [recipe=65873]Apple Loaf #65873[/recipe] and it tasted like a summertime version of apple pie! Thanks Dee, I'll be making this again and would you please submit more outstanding recipes from the brochure than came with your ice cream maker?
- 1 egg yolk (may be omitted)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat egg yolk (if using).
- Stir in sugar and 1/2 cup of half& half (if not using the egg yolk, just combine the sugar and 1/2 cup of half& half) in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat (or microwave) stirring frequently, until mixture thickens a bit.
- Whisk cooked mixture together with remaining ingredients.
- Cool and chill mixture for a few hours (1-2 hours).
- Pour cold mixture into ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer's directions.