Recipe by Dee514
This recipe was posted in answer to a message board request. It was one of many recipes that came with my ice cream machine. Cinnamon ice cream is yummy on warm apple pie, baked apples, bread pudding or just in a bowl by itself, on a hot night. Freezing time for this recipe is 30 minutes in my electric ice cream machine. Time may vary according to the manufactures directions for your ice cream maker. Cook/Prep times do not include the 1 to 2 hour chillling time needed before processing/freezing the cooked mixture. Note: The egg yolk gives the finished product a better texture. ** This is an "old" recipe....before "Splenda" was developed.
Top Review by Sue Lau
This would be great with sugar free fudge topping or served with cooked apples; it had a big cinnamon flavor. We used Splenda and Hood Calorie Countdown milk. A lighter and refreshing ice cream. Thanks for posting! ~Sue
- 1 egg yolk (may substitute an equivalent amount of cholesterol free egg yolk or Egg Beaters)
- 12 envelopes Equal sugar substitute (or equivalent amount of granulated sugar substitute)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat egg yolk.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Cook over low heat (or microwave) stirring frequently, until mixture thickens a bit.
- Whisk cooked mixture together with remaining ingredients.
- Cool and chill mixture for a few hours (1-2 hours).
- Pour cold mixture into ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer's directions.