Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe by Jackie Graff found in Living Food Feasts from Shinui Retreat. I haven't tried it but have posted it for those contemplating some raw food options. Times are guestimates.
- 2 cups raw almonds, soaked overnight and drained
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup macadamias, soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 1⁄2 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 tablespoon psyllium
- 3 -4 frozen bananas (depending on size)
- Place almonds and water into a blender and blend well into almond milk.
- Strain the milk through a fine strainer.
- Blend the strained almonds again with some of the milk until all is liquid.
- The remainder of the strained almonds may be discarded or used in another recipe.
- Blend the macadamias into the almond milk and add honey, cinnamon, and vanilla blending well until it is very smooth.
- Be careful not to heat the mixture.
- Add psyllium and blend well.
- Let mixture sit for 30 minutes and blend again until smooth.
- Freeze in ziplock sandwich bags.
- When ready to serve, allow the mixture to thaw slightly.
- Place the frozen bananas in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the frozen mixture to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in bowls or on top of a piece of pie.
- Serve at once.