Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on allrecipes.com posting here for safe keeping!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the sugar and half-and-half. When the mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat, and whisk half of the mixture into the eggs. Whisk quickly so that the eggs do not scramble. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan, and stir in the heavy cream.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside to cool.
- Pour cooled mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
I've been craving this ice cream for a long time and it was SOO good. I used all 18% cream and saigon cinnamon and it was perfect. Thanks for posting!
Wow I love this ice cream made it today for the first time and it's really very good not to sweet which is the way I like ice cream Thank You for posting very easy to put together and a big hit with my family thanks again