Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in our food section of the newspaper last week....sounds good!!
Make and share this Cinnamon Honey Oat Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, brown sugar, honey and vanilla.
- With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl in between additions.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and 1 tsp of the cinnamon. Stir in the oats.
- Scoop by tbsp onto prepared pans, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Using a slightly moistened hand, flatten the cookies until 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Sprinkle lightly over the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until no longer glossy and just starting to turn golden brown at the edges.
- Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Very nice cookies indeed and a welcome variation on the usual oatmeal cookie. I use Splenda brown and granulated for the sugars and upped the cinnamon in the 18 cookies that I made. The make a tasty, solid, cookie that would well pack into lunches or any take along. We found them to be just a bit dry when eaten alone but they are perfect with some tea, coffee or milk.