Recipe by Sharon123
From Prevention magazine booklet, "Anti-Aging Nutrients", this is very good! Fresh, healthy, and easy! Cooking time is sitting time.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons pear juice
- 2 tablespoons currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dried pear half
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry (or try different fruits)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, milk, apple juice or pear juice and currants or raisins.
- Stir in 1/2 tbls.
- of the honey.
- Set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the pears and hazelnuts.
- Divide between 2 cereal bowls.
- In a cup, combine the yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add the remaining 1 tbls.
- Spoon over the muesli.
- Top with the blueberries and strawberries.
- Serves 2.