Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom made this for me every Christmas. If Cinnamon is too hot you can substitute anise oil. Note: Cinnamon oil is generally found in the pharmacy department of the grocery store.
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 cups light Karo syrup
- 2 cups water, Cold
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Boil sugar, syrup, and water to a hard crack.
- remove from heat and stir in oil and food coloring.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray and pour mixture on to a baking sheet.
- When mixture has setup, "crack" up the candy.
YUM and it makes the house smell AMAZING! No need to light my favorite candles or burn the Scentsy when you make this!