- 4 firm firm but ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 scoops ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped mexican chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise and crosswise so each banana yields four pieces. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on cut sides of bananas. Let bananas sit for 5 minutes.
- Place peeled bananas cut-side down in buttered sauté pan. Cook for 2 minutes;turn over and let cook 2 more minutes.
- Arrange two banana halves on each serving plate.
- Top each serving with two scoops of your favourite ice cream.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon crumbled chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
- If Mexican chocolate is not available, use a semi-sweet dark chocolate.