Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Mom always said make do with what you have, so I did. I was out of regular graham crackers for a crust so I used cinnamon/sugar grahams with my "cheater's cheesecake" (a box of s.f. instant pudding and pie filling cheesecake flavor and a can of Splenda cherry pie filling). This made something that would usually be the norm a bit more special.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cinnamon graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (start with this, add more if necessary)
- sugar (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the crackers in a zip top baggie with a rolling pin (get your kids in on this while you mix the filling).
- The easiest way to mix the crumbs and butter is directly in the bag. Just stream in the butter and knead a bit to combine the two. If you need more butter to moisten the crumbs, add it now. Pour into the pan.
- Using a piece of plastic wrap or a flat measuring cup, form the crumbs in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes if making a non-refrigerated pie. Refrigerate if making a chilled pie.