Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Bring out more berries flavor by adding the berries to the warm sauce.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted shredded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles (optional) or 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, butter, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until syrupy and thick.
- Remove from heat and add berries, tossing gently to coat each berry.
- Serve immediately.
- Or: add coconut along with berries, toss to coat.
- Or: cool glazed berries on a plate or cookie sheet, then roll in coconut, or chocolate, or both.
What a delightful surprise. I needed to dress up a plain chocolate cake layer so I added some whip cream and cinnamon glazed strawberries. This simple recipe dresses up the strawberries and makes a great topping.
This was such a nice change from just plain strawberries and so easy to make. Served mine over vanilla ice cream but they were yummy all by themselves, too!
I am so glad that fresh berry season is here. This was such a quick and easy dessert served up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The lemon and cinnamon really heighten the sweetness of the berries.