Recipe by HokiesMom
A great version of serving carrots that even kids love. The cinnamon is such a nice touch and the honey is a great substitute for sugar. I hope you enjoy it too.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Wowzer...I love these carrots Melly. The sweetness of the honey and then of course the cinnamon spice is just awesome together. I couldn't leave them alone at the dinner table and neither could DH. This is such a great change-up to the normal vegetable of corn that I normally put out with a big sunday dinner. I chose to steam my carrots on the stovetop for 15 minutes and then nuked the honey, butter and cinnamon (generous amount) for 20 seconds. Tossed all-together and voila!!! This will be made again for a great side to any big dinner. Perfect~ Made for ZaarStars~
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (or stick margarine)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots by your preferred method (steaming, microwave, stovetop), until crisp-tender.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the honey, butter and cinnamon until butter is melted, stir to blend.
- Drain carrots and place in serving dish.
- Drizzle honey mixture over carrots and serve.