Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great version of serving carrots that even kids love. The cinnamon is such a nice touch and the honey is a great substitute for sugar. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (or stick margarine)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook carrots by your preferred method (steaming, microwave, stovetop), until crisp-tender.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the honey, butter and cinnamon until butter is melted, stir to blend.
- Drain carrots and place in serving dish.
- Drizzle honey mixture over carrots and serve.
Wowzer...I love these carrots Melly. The sweetness of the honey and then of course the cinnamon spice is just awesome together. I couldn't leave them alone at the dinner table and neither could DH. This is such a great change-up to the normal vegetable of corn that I normally put out with a big sunday dinner. I chose to steam my carrots on the stovetop for 15 minutes and then nuked the honey, butter and cinnamon (generous amount) for 20 seconds. Tossed all-together and voila!!! This will be made again for a great side to any big dinner. Perfect~ Made for ZaarStars~
Definitely excellent! very easy, I used fresh carrots and cut them into thin slices and steamed for 15 mins, then combined with the sauce and let them sit for a few minutes, absolutely marvellous! Thanks for a super-easy and delicious recipe, Hokies!
This is a great way to increase veges in meals and to put some cinnamon in my diet. The sauce ingredients really compliment the flavor of the carrots. Made for spring PAC 2011.