Recipe by Missy Wright
Kids love these carrots. My husband too. These are easy to make and can add a touch of elegance to an everyday dinner.
Top Review by True Texas
Looking for something a little different to do with carrots since they are not my favorite, but hubby likes them. And I wanted a pretty sweet taste, they filled the bill. Used the baby carrots boiled them about 30 mintues before I added the ingredients.... Very nice......
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby carrots, trimmed,scrubbed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add carrots, salt, sugar and just enough water to barely cover the carrots.
- Cover and cook carrots on medium heat until tender.
- (time depends on carrot size. I usually cook baby carrots for about 25 minutes.) Remove lid, bring saucepan to a boil and boil until water is evaporated completely, leaving carrots with a sticky, buttery glaze.
- Watch carefully and stir so carrots do not scorch.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and mix.
- Serve immediately.