Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kids love these carrots. My husband too. These are easy to make and can add a touch of elegance to an everyday dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby carrots, trimmed,scrubbed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add carrots, salt, sugar and just enough water to barely cover the carrots.
- Cover and cook carrots on medium heat until tender.
- (time depends on carrot size. I usually cook baby carrots for about 25 minutes.) Remove lid, bring saucepan to a boil and boil until water is evaporated completely, leaving carrots with a sticky, buttery glaze.
- Watch carefully and stir so carrots do not scorch.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and mix.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for something a little different to do with carrots since they are not my favorite, but hubby likes them. And I wanted a pretty sweet taste, they filled the bill. Used the baby carrots boiled them about 30 mintues before I added the ingredients.... Very nice......
YUCK! These things tasted too much like butter. I did not put as much butter that was recommended, and it still tasted like butter. I love cinnamon though. I added cinnamon in the pan so the carrots would absorb the cinnamon flavor. This made my house smell goooooooood! Haha! If you enjoy the taste of butter, this is for you.
We liked the flavor of these but next time I will use less water. I ended up serving them without cooking off all the water it would have taken forever. I want to make it again, I am looking forward to the sticky glaze.