Top Review by AKillian24
These were good! A great change from the normal snack mix at a get-together. A couple of notes that might help someone: 1) It's EXTREMELY important not to cooke these longer than listed. The almonds will appear very similar to 'normal'. If you wait until they go 'dark', they're burnt and will taste icky! 2) 4 tsps of cinnamon might seem like a lot, but truly: It's just right. In fact, I even sprinkled a bit more on while they were warm after tasting one. C) I stirred my pan about every 10-15 minutes while baking.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups whole natural almonds
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place butter in a 13" X 9" pan; place in oven to melt butter, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites with salt until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in almonds and cinnamon.
- Pour almond mixture onto pan; toss with butter.
- Bake about 40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until almonds are crisp.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store cooled almonds in airtight container up to 2 weeks.